One thing I noticed while blogging before is that I felt as if I had to come up with extremely unique recipes. However, I realized more often than not I find myself researching general cooking tips and tricks. By perfecting the basics, I then add to my recipe making it more unique. Therefore, I decided to start to compile a list of my basic recipes. Over the next few months, I am going to share recipes that I have spent many a time trying to get the perfect cooking method.
First up on the basics is many people’s favorite: Bacon.
I’ve fried, microwaved, broiled you name it to figure out the best way to produce a crispy piece of bacon. I think I finally have the perfect method: baking. It is calling BAKE-ON, right? Not FRY-ON. This produces a perfectly crisp piece of bacon, prevents from getting a bacon grease burn, and your house won’t smell like bacon for days.
It is also VERY important to buy quality bacon for the perfect piece. Bacon is definitely not a Kroger brand item. I mean come on, you are eating a delicious, fatty, 90 calories per slice piece of deliciousness, you might as well go big. So no being stingy here. Buy the good stuff, whether it is behind the meat counter or the Black Label for Hormel. Inspect your bacon package too before tossing it into your cart. Make sure it isn’t all white and fatty. Now you want a good deal of the white, but definitely more meat part.
This method is fool-proof for the perfect piece of bacon. If you like your bacon a little less crispy, just adjust the cook time. Remember the bacon will continue to cook when you take it out of the oven, especially if you don’t immediately blot the grease. On a scale of 1-10 how much are your craving bacon??
Perfect Crispy oven bacon
Prep Time: 1 minutes ||| Cook TIme: 15-18 minutes ||| Servings: 4 ||| Difficulty: Low
1. Remove bacon from packaging and blot with a paper towel to remove any present moisture.
2. Place on a baking sheet, do not overcrowd.
3. Put the baking sheets in the oven and turn on to 400 degrees. This is very important! Do not preheat the oven. The oven will heat while slowly baking the bacon.
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, flipping the pieces halfway through the baking time.
5. Remove from oven once just nearly crisp and place on a piece of paper towel.
6. Blot with paper towel removing the excess grease.
Serve & enjoy