CARAMELIZED ONION & BLUE CHEESE WONTONS
Hands on Time: 15 minutes /// Cook Time: ~45 minutes /// Servings: 8 [3 wontons per person]
2 large white onions
24 wonton wrappers
½ cup blue cheese [or goat cheese]
2 tsp olive oil + more for frying
- Halve the onions then slice into thin pieces.
- In a sauté pan, add 2 tsp olive oil and heat over medium.
- Add onions and toss to coat with the oil.
- Caramelize onions for 35-40 minutes or until nice golden brown.
- Place about a tablespoon of the onions onto a wonton.
- Top with 1 tsp of cheese
- Using your finger and a bit of water wet the edges of the wonton.
- Fold in half from one corner to another. Use a bit more water to seal the dough.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a pan over medium. Once warm, add the wontons and fry for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Drizzle the wontons with a bit of balsamic vinegar before serving.