Hands On Time: 15 minutes // Cook Time: 15 minutes // Servings: 4
1/2 box Farfalle (bowtie) pasta
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, margarine or 1 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 large handfuls fresh spinach
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
3 oz fresh goat cheese
1/4 cup grated parmesan + additional for topping
1/4 tsp ground thyme
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water boil and add the pasta. Cook until just al dente. Before draining the pasta, reserve 1 1/2 cups of the cooking water. Set aside
2. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until softened.
3. Add the thyme and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
4. Add the parmesan and goat cheese. Stir together until the cheese starts to melt.
5. Add 1 cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a boil.
6. Add the cooked pasta, juice of lemon, and spinach. Stir to combine and cook until the spinach has wilted.
7. Toss in the tomatoes, cook an additional minute.
8. Serve warm with a sprinkle of additional parmesan cheese.