Kale Salad with Spiced Sweet Potatoes and Pecans
Hands On Time: 10 minutes /// Cook TIme: 20 minutes /// Servings: 4
1 container of diced sweet potatoes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp Chipotle seasoning
1 tsp cumin
1 large bunch of kale
4 Tbsp pecan chips
4 Tbsp shredded white cheddar cheese
1. Remove leaves from kale stalks and rinse thoroughly.
2. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet and heat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Drizzle olive oil, chipotle, and cumin over the potatoes and use hands to coat the potatoes.
4. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.
5. Remove from oven and cool. Make vinaigrette.
6. Top kale with sweet potatoes, pecans, and cheddar. Drizzle with the dressing.
1/3 cup cilantro, stems removed
1 garlic clove
juice of 1 lime
1 Tbsp white vinegar
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/2 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender except the olive oil.
2. Pour in a bowl and slowly drizzle olive oil using a whisk to mix it together.