It’s been awhile since I posted a life currently update so here goes:
1. I know I have complained about it before, but I am done with this winter. We had a sneaky “warm” day then got pummeled with another snow storm. Over it. Need spring.
2. I am back at Bikram about 3 times per week. I love it and I hate it. The thing I hate the most is the length of time. Not because it is too long in a scorching sweaty room, but because 90 minutes on a weekday is a lot. By the time I get to the studio, change, go to class, shower then drive home it is almost a 2 hour ordeal. However, I strongly believe yoga is one of the best forms of exercise. Each class I find myself improving a tiny bit – the main reason I love yoga. You can only get better with time.
3. I still have been eating pretty well. Unfortunately, certain events at work, a few lazy nights, and a lot of wine have thrown me a little off course. I try to use My Fitness Pal as often as possible in order to be held accountable for my food intake. Tonight I planned my menu for the week (including lunches and breakfasts) in order to eliminate unnecessary binges. I think each week I am going to try to challenge myself to eliminate one thing that week ex) cheese, coffee. This week I am going to try to just have tea in the morning.
4. My continued thoughts on organic eating… I am still buying organic when I can / I deem important. Here is a list of what I buy organically and don’t think I’ll go back: brown eggs, chicken breasts, apples, kale, chicken stock/broth. The cost of organic berries, citruses, and some other veggies aren’t so cost efficient at the time for me. I tried the organic milk and maybe someone can explain this to me, but the expiration date is like over a month. How is it able to remain that fresh?? I would assume organic milk would expire way sooner. Ma’am refuses to drink the organic milk which I thought was kind of funny.
5. I am super excited to announce that Cooking Like Lou and I have paired up to bring you Love Your Lunch Series! I work in an office all day and when I hate my lunch, I eat poorly. In order to prevent doughie eating, we will be giving you tips and recipes for yummy lunches that you will love. These won’t necessarily be recipes for a lunch, but a combination of items, tips on making them ahead and all things lunch. They also will keep your wallet happy – have you ever put together a list of how much money you spend on lunches during the week? It can be quite sickening. We will be posting a Love Your Lunch series each Tuesday so stay tuned!
Are you a food blogger and interested in participating? Contact me and we can talk about opportunities!
6. I am pretty pumped for the Fourth of July because of this gem I bought. I already wore it and will be wearing it prior to the 4th of July but how perfect is it? Stars & Stripes Cardigan. I may have bought it just because the company’s name is Tobi…
7. I added a section to my blog called Doughie Bites. It is where you will find posts like these and all other lifestyle/social updates not pertaining to food. So if you are interested in following along, you can find them there.
Have a great week!