1. Has me trying out a cleaning eating / detox program. My sister got me involved in a 10 day cleanse. Today was day 1 and it was pretty normal, except some strict guidelines:
No alcohol (NO WINE WHAT???). No sugar. No wheat/gluten. No dairy (probably the hardest part). No caffeine (2nd hardest part).
breakfast: smoothie or oatmeal dish
lunch: chicken or fish + brown rice + steamed veggies
dinner: repeat above
A vegetable “detox broth” can be consumed anytime during the day + a detox bath at night + lemon water + a few dietary supplements.
I feel just fine today & am hoping to keep on track, but I would be lying if I said it was a breeze. I am writing right now basically I desperately want to run into the kitchen and gorge on the homemade chocolate chip cookies I made (post coming soon). I will resort to the detox tea I am allowed to drink, which I actually really like… it has a chai-like taste.
My goal with this clean eating/detox/cleanse is to jumpstart my system and start over. Diet is so important to stay healthy and I noticed myself putting garbage into my body and that needs to stop. There are a lot of items that are “allowed” on this cleanse so I will be posting a few recipes along the way.
2. Has me involved in a Diet Bet. A what? A bet on my diet. Sort of… Hallie over at Life Ocean Side created a game on Diet Better. The concept is simple. You put in money and pledge to lose a certain percentage of weight loss. The pot grows. You work your butt off and win da cashola. I could use a little extra in my pocket and I am on my healthy, clean eating kick so hoping to lose the 5 pounds I need to claim the prize 🙂 All the while though I will be cheering on the other participants to reach their weight loss goals! What a great virtual Biggest Loser!
3. Loving detox baths – I will share the recipe I have been using on my blog once I adjust it to perfection. It seriously made me feel great & super relaxed. Post to come soon.
4. Has me annoyed with work. Some changes were put into place that has somewhat changed my feelings on work. Maybe I am just being dramatic & it’s Monday. I wish Not So Doughie was my j-o-b.
5. Has me excited for Wednesday. I will be swapping blogs with Marisa @ Cooking Like Lou! We will be sharing 2 of our go-to Super Bowl appetizers. We are both really excited! Check out her blog it is awesome!
5. Has given me a migraine. I just released I have a killer headache. Maybe it is my body detoxing? Who knows, but that just means early bedtime for me! I’ll leave you with a picture of Mr. Toby feeling my pain…
until next time,