Hands on time: 10 minutes /// Cook time: 4 minutes /// Servings: 4
1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (about 4-6 navel oranges)
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp lime zest
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb shrimp, deveined and shelled
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp unsalted, butter
1 tsp olive oil
salt and pepper
1 box of couscous, prepared according to instructions
1. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice, zest, garlic, 1 Tbsp cilantro, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
2. In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
3. Once warmed, add the shrimp and cook about 2-3 minutes or until pink. Remove and set aside.
4. Pour orange juice mixture into same pan and bring to a boil.
5. Immediately reduce the heat and simmer. Add butter. Sauce will slowly thicken. Meanwhile cook couscous accordingly to package instructions.
6. Add the shrimp back into the sauce and stir to coat.
7. Serve shrimp over the couscous and drizzle sauce and a bit more fresh cilantro on top.