Hands on time: 20 minutes /// Cook time: 8-10 minutes /// Servings: 4
2 cups leftover mashed potatoes
2 Tbsp + 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
salt and pepper
2-4 Tbsp canola oil
Optional: sour cream, 2 Tbsp chopped chives or scallions
1. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, egg, 2 Tbsp flour, cheese, (chives/scallions), salt and pepper.
2. Use a spoon to combine all the ingredients together until they come together like a dough. If your leftover potatoes were dryer add 1Tsp of water at a time. If they were too moist, add more flour.
3. Use hands to form into patties.
4. Place 1/4 cup flour on a plate, coat the pancakes into the flour to evenly coat.
5. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat.
6. Add the pancakes (do not overcrowd the pan) and cook about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown on each side.
7. Add additional oil if needed for next batch in the pan.
8. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and chives.