should I go???
A year ago, I was waking up to this incredible view:
Today, the sun is shining and I am sitting in awkward positions on the ground just to soak up a little bit of vitamin D. It is so deceiving though considering it is 25 degrees outside. Needless to say, I have warm weather on the mind.
The other day while reading through my bloglovin’ feed, I came across several posts and tweets about Blogcation. I visited the site… 10 times… and slowly became mesmerized by the idea. At first, I thought to myself oh no, not for me. I just blog for fun, I am not a lifestyle blogger, I am new to blogging, I could never afford this, people would think I am stupid for even considering it, will it be beneficial for my food blog. I mean it went on and on. I was trying to convince myself it was something I didn’t want to do.
I am not good at convincing myself about something that I know isn’t what I am thinking. It is a component of my anxiety that I deal with more often than not. That being said, I continued to visit the blogcation website on the reg. Trying to learn more about it.
In a nutshell, Blogcation is a blogger conference on steroids. Erin behind the blog Two Thirds Hazel is the brain behind the event. Blogcation is a week long cruise January 2015 that includes stops to beautiful tropical places, a couple days of blogging conferences, and blogging cocktail parties.
The speakers/teachers at the conferences are some of my favorite bloggers. Their blogs are very successful and I would be so interested in hearing their advice. Not to mention, who doesn’t
want need a week long vacation during snowy January??
I have a few reservations and still need some convincing/thinking, is this for me?
1. I am mainly a food blogger. Will I learn useful things to put to use? Or is the conference mainly for lifestyle bloggers?
2. It is not cheap. Let’s be serious, I get paid in meatballs at work so money is very precious. I suppose I have plenty of time to save up, but would the money be better invested elsewhere? I am sure it can, but is this an opportunity that is once in a lifetime?
3. My blog is not even 6 months old. Do I have a lot more to learn before boarding a ship with fellow bloggers that are pros?
4. It’s about a year away. Will I still be blogging then? I hope so! What if something comes up that week, say a wedding 😉
5. Will my anxiety get the best of me and prevent me from being social, engaging with other bloggers, being myself etc.?
6. I need a buddy to join me. Sure, there is the option to share a room with another blogger, but I would prefer someone to join me. I am trying to convince Bryan along with myself… he is not a fan of cruises. Do you want to be my buddy on the trip??
There are also several things I am already sold on:
1. A vacation. yes, please.
2. Meeting some talented ladies (and gents) behind some of my favorite reads.
3. Being spontaneous and doing something I never have before.
4. Going on a trip with Bryan (if I can convince him to come) to somewhere beautiful.
5. Developing relationships, learning more about a successful blog, connecting with other bloggers in order to increase traffic to this little ol’ blog.
I obviously have a bit of time to think about it, but it has been on my mind all week so I thought I would write about it and see what my readers are thinking. Are you a blogger and going? If you were a new blogger, would you go?
Now back to my morning coffee and reminiscing about being here: