My trusty crockpot strikes again! Seriously, love the crockpot… maybe I should marry it [my sister & I used to say this all the time when we were little]. This is probably one of the easiest crockpot recipes around. They are all pretty easy actually, but this one tastes amazing too. If you know how to use a can opener then this is your recipe.
Is anyone else completely sick of this cold weather? I tolerated the Polar Vortex and the blizzard, but now it is time for spring. The thing I don’t mind is brewing up some delicious vats of chili or soups to ward off the chill, however. Sunday was yet another frigid, stay under a blanket inside all day kinda day. So I threw my chili ingredients together in the morning and Bryan & I enjoyed a bowl of it for dinner.
This dish is also great to make for a large group of people. It is super easy and is really filling. Serve it with some homemade cornbread or chips & salsa. The Superbowl is right around the corner & this is sure to please rowdy football fans. I hope you enjoy it & stay warm out there, people!
Taco Chicken Chili
slightly adapted from Skinnytaste
Hands-on Time: 5 minutes /// Cook Time: 8 hours /// Servings: 6-8
3 chicken breasts
1/2 cup chopped white onion
1 can (15 oz) dark red kidney beans
1 can (15 oz) black beans
1 can diced tomatoes with chilis
1 can diced tomatoes **can use two with chilis if you want more spice**
1 packet taco seasoning
1 Tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1/4 cup water
1 cup frozen corn
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Sour cream, Cheddar cheese, crackers [for toppings]
1. Turn crock pot onto the 8 hour level. Add onion, beans, tomatoes, beans, water and seasonings together & stir.
2. Place the chicken breasts over the mixture. Cover with lid.
3. An hour before serving remove the chicken and use two forks to shred the chicken. Place it back into the chili and stir.
4. Add the corn and cilantro.
5. Serve piping hot with a dollop of sour cream and a bit of shredded cheese.